PARLIAMENT OF NEW SOUTH WALES
Position Number 50002246
Includes an annual allowance of $13,869 pa and employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
The position is primarily involved in reporting parliamentary debates, committee hearings, ministerial conferences, and in the publication of debates, indexes, and related projects.
Inquiries Name/Alternate Inquiries Name
Karen Turner/Lisa Gelzinnis
Inquiries Phone/Alternate Inquiries Phone
(02) 9230 2232/(02) 9230 2233
Applications Marked 'Confidential' To
The Deputy Editor of Debates, Parliament House, Macquarie Street, Sydney 2000
Web Live Date
- Background in Hansard or equivalent reporting environment, and ability to achieve deadlines in a high-volume work environment.
- Proven high-speed shorthand skills [machine or pen shorthand]; good general knowledge, and a working knowledge of the keyboard, Windows XP and Microsoft Word.
- Sound knowledge of the English language and its structure, and of reporting principles.
- Commitment to teamwork, a willingness to undertake country travel, and a high standard of interpersonal, communication and research skills.
- Pen shorthand: Willingness to undertake training in voice recognition software; Machine shorthand: Willingness to undertake training in Eclipse software.